Saturday 11 August 2012

The Fuzzy Kidnappers

The past few days the Lady Commander of Copics has been absent from the Guild Hall. At first I thought nothing of it, as she has taken off on her own colouring quests before without word, but as more time passed I became increasingly more concerned. I tried contacting the Guardian of Glitter for assistance, but she was off on her own sparkly quest spreading some much need bling on some drab wedding projects. Dejected, I set off on my own to locate Angela. 

Imagine my surprise when a masked rider galloped by, leaving only a scrap of parchment in his wake. I nervously unfurled the note and read what I'm assuming was an attempt at a ransom letter. "We have girl. Bring gold. And food. We like candy." Annoyed, I changed direction and headed to the market to purchase some sweets for the grammatically challenged kidnappers. I purchased the confections and located the criminals' dwelling (which turned out to be a simple cave). I gave them their candies and gold and got my sister back safely. Although truthfully I doubt she was ever in much danger from the fuzzy monsters who took her. They were really the cutest things ever, inspiring me to create a card upon my return to the Guild Hall.
I stamped that super cute monster using my new Stampotique stamp and coloured him with pencil crayons. The banner was from the Lawn Fawn "Bannerific" set. I embossed the bottom piece of paper, ripped up the top piece and arranged everything as so. You can't tell from the picture, but I also used Glossy Accents on the monster's eyes.
I kept up the "rippiness" in the inside of the card and stamped the sentiment "Happy Birthday, Human". That monster stamp was just from the cheap bin at Michaels. 
And of course, I made a matching envelope for this cute little monster magnum opus.

This cute birthday card earned me +89 stamping exp points and +903 distressing exp points which leveled up my distressing damage.

I will enter this into the following challenges:

Simply Create Too Challenge #19: Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash Challenge #63: Monochromatic
Stampotique Designers Challenge #260: Sketch Challenge

I later found out that the Lady Commander planned that whole escapade with the monsters just to get some candy! I can hear her and our Guild Apprentice, Lindsay munching on it as I record this tale. Last time I come to her assistance.

~ Guild Master Crystal ~

15 comments:

Ginger said...

OH, I love your card, Thank you for joining in with the Stampotique Designers Challenge this week. Carol x

Mian said...

Wow, love your card and that you stamped on the envelope too. Your card made me giggle a lot.

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Simply Create Too.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Mian
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

Nikkers5 said...

Oooooo Lindsay has made apprentice!! Lucky guildy! She better show up for meetings now!! This card is awesome!! I love it! Serious lack of sparkles though....

~Guardian of Glitter~

Gez Butterworth said...

Super card & it fits the sketch perfectly. Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week. Gez

Basement Stamper said...

super cute, I love this monster and your distressing. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Such a fun card! Beautiful done! Thanks for playing with us at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge. xoxo

Ang said...

That card (and story) is SOOOOO awesome !! That monster is super cute!! Love it!! :D

ARTfulWings said...

Love the dry embossing, distressing and your supercute monster on your card - just FAB. Thank you for joining in with us over at The Stampotique Designers Challenge. Polly

Sue said...

This is fab, I love that sentiment and the buttons and the whole ripping thing - perfect for your monster card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stampotique Designers Challenge

CarlaKH said...

Adorable! Love that sassy monster! Thanks so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Anonymous said...

My favourite monster on a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

Sam & Poppy said...

hehehe, this so made me smile, great sentiment!
Thanks so much for joining in with us at Stampotique this week, Sam

Libby Hickson said...

This is so very cute, and your post made me giggle. Thanks for playing along at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Really cute card. Thanks for joining us over at the Stampotique Designers Challenge. Good luck. Claire x

Deena said...

ooohh...monsters are my favorite!!! love your take on the sketch too! Thanks for playing with Shopping our Stash and the Monochromatic Challenge!

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!