Sunday 11 May 2014

Double Trouble

Today the Lady Commander of Copics and I were returning to the Guild Hall after a successful morning questing in the Sequin Caves when we came upon a strange duo. The pair of girls were standing in the center of the road, their heads cocked to the side, staring at us ominously. Beside me, my direwolf Lycan growled, his hair bristling.
“Hail, mi’ ladies!” I called out. “Have you lost your way?” We were far from any town and the colourfully garbed girls seemed quite out of place on the dusty, barren road upon which we stood.
The two little ones just blinked at us, turning their heads to the other side.
“Well this is weird,” my sister whispered to me. “What should we do?”

I started this card by cutting the card base out using the Art Philosophy cartridge. I then stamped the image using the There She Goes “Amalia & Laylah” set by Megan Suarez and coloured it using Prismacolor pencils, leaving it unblended for a more sketchy look. I took the flowers that were left over from cutting the card base and sprayed them with different colours of Dylusions spray ink and added a little pearl in the center of each. I stamped the right side with a border stamp from the Dylusions “Further Around the Edge” set and the sentiment was stamped with a Unity stamp.

On the inside I used a yellow panel so you could see the colour through the holes of the flowers. The sentiment I stamped using the There She Goes “Poppy” set and a random Unity stamp.

The envelope I made using some patterned paper and was preeeeetty impressed with myself that I managed to get the word “May” on the front where you could actually see it. This earned me +284 folding XP points and allowed me to level up!

This card will bloom in the following challenges:

As the Lady Commander and I stood, contemplating the situation, the girls suddenly opened their mouths wide and a deafening shriek sounded throughout the vale, followed by cackling laughter. Then in a flash of white light, the two mysteriously disappeared. What trouble would this encounter bring in the future?

~ Guild Master Crystal ~

16 comments:

Ardyth said...

Very sweet images and I love the bright fun colours! So glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Jenn Borjeson said...

So cute, love the bright colors. Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

Linby said...

Cut card, love the yellow showing through the flowers.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & more this month.
Lynn x
DT

Jackie Randolph said...

So sweet with your clean design and fab colors! Thanks for joining us at LTC with our Say it with Flowers challenge!
Crafty Hugs's
Jackie ~ LTC owner/admin

Vickie Y said...

Adorable images and card. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Simple Salutations Challenge.

Dangina Martinez said...

Awe.... This is so adorable! The image is now on my wish list. Thank You so much for joining us at Loves Rubber Stamps this week! We hope to see you again real soon.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Heather said...

A fabulous card, I love the fabulous colour scheme and such an adorable image!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Lin said...

They are really unique; love your flower cut-outs along the edge, too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Ellibelle said...

Such a cute card. I love your coloring and it's beautifully designed.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More! Good luck!

Kate said...

Such a sweet, sweet card! The typewriter font on your sentiment looks fabulous with the adorable image you've used for this creation. Wonderful work!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Gwen said...

This is just the sweetest card ever! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot. Hope to see you next week!

Gwen

http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so super cute!!! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Sue Jones said...

Gorgeous card - Thanks for joining in at Dilly Beans this week - good luck! Sue xx

itsallrosi said...

super cute and fantastic coloring!

Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Christine said...

Oh so very cute and I love the bright colours. The envelope is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us on MFP's Simple Salutations.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, how cute. TFS with us at OCS!!

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!