Saturday 27 April 2013

A Little Luck

Today the Lady Commander of Copics and I were on a quest exploring Bone Folder’s Crease, a dangerous valley ripe with putrid undead. It is certaining not a locale one goes for pleasure, but we needed a flowering pumice pear plant and they were only know to grow in the Crease. As such, we armed ourselves to the teeth, as it were, and set out. We had been searching for hours, encountered numerous battles and down to our last mana potion when we spotted a curious sight. A lone pale yellow butterfly fluttered in front of us before taking off to the east. We decided to follow the creature, mindful of the tale we had just heard.

I started this card by embossing two halves of a piece of shimmery white paper, earning me +291 texturization exp points and allowing me to level up! I then scored the unembossed strip and stamped the sentiment using a Close To My Heart set. The butterflies I cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge. As a final touch I used some yellow raffia I had procured at the dollar store many moons prior.

On the inside I cut the white panel and another butterfly using the Art Philosophy cartridge. I then stamped the sentiment using the My Craft Spot “New Arrival” set.

This fluttery creation will fly into the following challenges:

The mysterious butterfly lead us straight to a small patch of grass, in the middle of which was growing the pumice pear plant we sought. Amazed at our luck, we carefully extracted what we required and after refilling our magic points with the last mana potion, used an escape spell to head back to the Guild Hall, as we definitely didn’t have enough potions to get us all the way back through Bone Folder’s Crease intact. The Lady Commander later confessed to me that she had slipped a luck stone in her satchel before we left which may have played a part in the butterfly’s appearance. No matter - quest complete.

~ Guild Master Crystal ~

9 comments:

Nana said...

So lovely.

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Dawny P said...

This is lovely - a wonderful design :) Thank you so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

Heather said...

Very pretty ~ I like the use of yellow with black and white. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, lovely embossing...thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
Helen x

Esther said...

Lovely card!!
Thanks for joining us at CTO this week!!

Shelia said...

beautiful embossing and I love the softness of the yellow butterflies. Thanks for playing along with us at DRS Designs.

Deena said...

Thanks for joining in the Bargain Bin Challenge at Shopping our Stash this week! Love that intricate butterfly die cut! It is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Sweet, soft and lovely. Thanks for playing with us at DRS Designs.

Lin said...

Fun story and a great card.

Thank you for sharing with us

Lin xx
Dream Valley

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!